Monday, March 12, 2007

GO SEE FAST FOOD NATION

Yesterday was movie day for me and Dustin. We rented two movies, "The Doors" and "Fast Food Nation", and I had never returned Mother Theresa, so I bought it, but we didn't watch it. So, "The Doors" was long and depressing. It was really good, but watching someone in a downward spiral for three hours isn't my favorite thing to do. "Fast Food Nation" was my favorite of the two, and is the best movie I'd seen in a while. I had never realized how aweful the fast food industry. In the movie they show everthing that happens in the hamburger processing, as well as the sad existance that illegal imagrants endure who end up working in one of the processing plants. So, in short, GO F-ING SEE IT!

Go, and be educated, and skip the McDonalds:

The Meatrix
McLibel
Do You Want Lies With That?
I Heart PETA
Backward Hamburger
Food Coop Directory

1 comment:

Pat R said...

just watched Fast Food Nation, it's an impactful flick to say the least... earlier today i passed up a sausage mcmuffin because of it. Evidently it is worth passing up fast food for more than health reasons.